What is it?
A web application that assists network defenders, analysts, and researchers in the process of mapping adversary behaviors to the MITRE ATT&CK® framework.
Decider is a tool to help analysts map adversary behavior to the MITRE ATT&CK framework. Decider makes creating ATT&CK mappings easier to get right by walking users through the mapping process. It does so by asking a series of guided questions about adversary activity to help them arrive at the correct tactic, technique, or subtechnique. Decider has a powerful search and filter functionality that enables users to focus on the parts of ATT&CK that are relevant to their analysis. Decider also has a cart functionality that lets users export results to commonly used formats, such as tables and ATT&CK Navigator™ heatmaps.
Decider's Question Tree
(you are here)[Matrix > Tactic] > Technique > SubTechnique
Decider's Full Technique Search
Boolean expressions, prefix-matching, and stemming included.
Read the User Guide
Best option for 99% of people
git clone https://github.com/cisagov/decider.git
cp .env.example .env
[sudo] docker compose up
sudo for Linux only
Linux tested on:
- Ubuntu Jammy 22.04.2 LTS
- Docker Engine
- Not Docker Desktop (couldn't get nested-virt in my VM)
Windows tested on:
- Windows 11 Home, version 22H2, build 22621.1344
- Home doesn't support HyperV
- Thus tested on Docker Desktop via WSL backend
macOS (M1) tested on:
- macOS Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68)
- Mac M1 Processor
- On Docker Desktop installed via .dmg
It is ready when Starting uWSGI appears
Then visit http://localhost:8001/
(Port is set by .env WEB_PORT)
- Email: [email protected]
- Password: admin
And note: Postgres stores its data in a Docker volume to persist the database.
Read the Admin Guide
There are some issues in the instructions... Working on it, simplifying them
- Use Python 3.8.10 / 3.8.x on Linux / mac
- Follow the order of instructions
- Watch out using
python- it won't keep the venv you're in by default
- If just running for yourself locally:
- Don't create a system account for decider
- Don't use uWSGI
- Use the built-in debug Flask server
- Mac M1 users should install Postgres before installing the pip requirements
brew install postgresql
- Explained: psycopg2-binary isn't using a pre-built binary and tries to compile from scratch, and it can't find pg_config.